SCL offers a variety of services to support each participant's goals and preferences. Services include but are not limited to:
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptation
- Vehicle Adaptation
- Personal Assistance
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Residential Support Services
You may qualify for SCL waiver services if you:
- Have an intellectual or developmental disability
- Meet the requirements for residence in an intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability (ICF/IID). These are defined in Kentucky Administrative Regulation 907 KAR 1:022.
- Meet the financial qualifications for Medicaid. There are special financial qualifications applied to the SCL waiver program. Read the Medicaid Waiver Services Fact Sheet for details.
If you are interested in applying for SCL waiver services, you must first obtain financial eligibility for Medicaid. You can apply for Medicaid online using kynect, by calling the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) at (855) 306-8959 or in-person at a DCBS office. There are some documents that are helpful to have when applying. The Medicaid Waiver Services Fact Sheet lists those documents.
Once you are ready to apply for SCL waiver services, you can complete your application online using kynect or in-person at an Aging and Disability Resource Center or a Community Mental Health Center.
Currently, there is a waiting list for SCL services and supports. Placement on the waiting list is determined by the date your completed application is received. Applicants will be served based on category of need and order of application as slots become available. After you receive a slot, Medicaid will determine if you need the level of care provided by an ICF/IID and are financially eligible for Medicaid coverage.
If you need more information about the SCL program, please email DMS or call (844) 784-5614.
Participants in the SCL waiver have the option to hire their own employees to provide non-medical, non-residential services. This is called participant-directed services (PDS). These employees can include friends, neighbors and certain family members. Visit the DMS PDS page for more information.