Civil Rights

The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services does not discriminate against any person on the basis of political beliefs, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or sex. This policy protects the rights of Cabinet employees, service applicants and customers. Vendors, agencies and organizations providing services to the Cabinet or its recipients of federally-aided programs also must comply with this policy.

Any applicant for or recipient of services or benefits from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services who feels discriminated against may file a complaint of discrimination. 

To file a complaint of discrimination with the Cabinet, please send your complaint to:

Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services
EEO/Civil Rights Compliance Branch
275 E. Main St., 5 C-D
Frankfort, KY 40621
Telephone: (502) 564-7770
Fax: (502) 564-3129

You may file a complaint of discrimination at your local office. The allegation then will be forwarded to the Cabinet EEO/Civil Rights Compliance Branch.

You also may file a complaint with an outside agency as outlined below:

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases, religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, download and complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), also available at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by mail to:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

or by fax, (202) 690-7442 or email

For further information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps) issues, persons should contact the USDA SNAP Hotline at (800) 221-5689 which also is in Spanish.

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, write: 

HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights
Room 515-F
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201

or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Civil rights complaints may also be filed with the 
Kentucky Commission on Human Rights
The Heyburn Building, Suite 700
332 W. Broadway
Louisville, KY 40202

or call (800) 292-5566 (voice) or (502) 595-4084 (TDD).

Additional Information

Contact Information