Current DMS Training Modules
Kentucky Level of Care System
The Kentucky Level of Care System (KLOCS) is an electronic system that streamlines and automates the current level of care (LOC) paper process. All nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF/IID) and institutionalized hospice service providers are required to use KLOCS to receive payment. DMS has several resources for providers who need additional information on KLOCS.
All KLOCS resources are available on the
Substance Use Disorder Ongoing Provider Training
This training is an overview of the provisional certification process and how to obtain certification for new substance use disorder (SUD) residential treatment providers enrolling with Medicaid
SUD Ongoing Provisional Certification Attestation Process
SUD Phase II Implementation
This training module provides a detailed overview of the provisional certification process and explains the timeline for obtaining the American Society of Addiction Medication (ASAM) Level of Care.
Residential Provisional Attestation Form
Past Substance Abuse Disorder Treatment Information
With Kentucky’s commitment to combatting opioid, alcohol and other substance dependencies in mind, the Department for Medicaid Services has implemented a new standard of care for substance use treatment. This new standard expands coverage and increases access to care for Kentuckians seeking recovery from substance use disorder. For more information:
1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver Webinars and Training
KI-HIPP: The Kentucky Integrated Health Insurance Premium Payment Program (KI-HIPP) is a voluntary Medicaid program offered to Medicaid members to help pay for the cost of an employer-sponsored insurance (ESI) plan. Review the
KI-HIPP Informational Webinar for more information.
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Training:
Kentucky has implemented EVV for certain 1915(c) HCBS waiver services. Netsmart provides Kentucky's state-sponsored EVV system known as Mobile Caregiver+. Netsmart regularly hosts user training sessions for Mobile Caregiver+. Training topics and the intended audience for each are listed below.
- Mobile Caregiver+ App
- Audience: Direct service providers and participant-directed services (PDS) employees from provider agencies and financial management agencies (FMA) using Mobile Caregiver+
- Mobile Caregiver+ Administrative Portal
- Audience: EVV administrator(s) or schedulers at provider agencies and FMAs using Mobile Caregiver+
- Mobile Caregiver+ Claims Portal
- Audience: EVV administrator(s) and billing staff at all provider agencies and FMAs
- Netsmart Customer Support Portal
- Audience: Provider agency and FMA staff who need assistance with Mobile Caregiver+
- Live Question and Answer Sessions
- Audience: EVV administrator(s), DSPs and PDS employees who have attended a Mobile Caregiver+ training session and have questions about the system or mobile app.
- Recorded Training Modules
Mobile Caregiver+ users can register for live training or view recordings on the
Netsmart training website.
Other 1915(c) HCBS Waiver Webinars and Training