KDPCP meets it objectives using:
- Community coalition mobilization
- County diabetes assessments
- Community awareness education
- Diabetes and prediabetes group education
- Professional education
- Quality improvement
- Surveillance, reports, evaluation
Current Schedule for the NDPP
Find a Diabetes Prevention Program
Find an In-person Diabetes Self-Management or Support Program
Find an Online Diabetes Self-Management or Support Program
Find diabetes resources in your community at Kynect
National Diabetes Prevention Programs
The National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP) is a CDC-recognized, research-based lifestyle change program focused on making small sustainable changes in healthy eating and physical activity. Studies show people with prediabetes who take part in a structured lifestyle change program can cut their risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 58 percent (71 percent for people 60 and older).
NDPP costs may be covered by your health insurance.
- Private employer insurances may cover this benefit. Call the number on your insurance card to find out.
- Medicaid managed care organizations may cover NDPP as a value-added benefit. Call the number on your insurance card to see if it is covered.
- Medicare covers the Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) once in your lifetime.
Kentucky NDPP Provider Map
Kentucky DPP Provider Listing
Kentucky DPP Provider Schedule
Kentucky DPP Snapshot
Prevent Diabetes EKY. KDPCP and Appalshop have partnered to provide this new website featuring a storybank and resources for Eastern Kentuckians working to prevent type 2 diabetes. Hear residents share their stories in their own words about successes and challenges making lifestyle changes to prevent type 2 diabetes.
Kentucky Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Programs