We encourage you to call the DCBS Family Support toll-free number at (855) 306-8959 to start an application or applications for SNAP, formerly known as food stamps, may be started online.
Once your application is received, you will be contacted to complete an interview. The head of your household, or an authorized representative, must be interviewed before the application can be completed.
For more information on SNAP, contact your local Department for Community Based Services office.
Nutrition Program Assistance Section
- Develops procedural instructions and issues policy clarifications regarding SNAP in Kentucky
- Reviews state and federal SNAP regulations
- Provides technical assistance to DCBS field staff
Claims Management Section
- Oversees the collection of overpayments for programs administered by the Division of Family Support
- Tracks claims referred to the Office of Inspector General for investigation or prosecution
Simplified Assistance for the Elderly (SAFE) Section
- A simplified SNAP program specifically for SSI recipients age 60 or older.
- Helps SAFE applicants determine whether SNAP or SAFE provides them the greatest benefits.