The statute enabling the state Hart-Supported Living Program, KRS 210.770, provides that the program makes grants for a broad category of flexible, individualized services that, when combined with natural unpaid or other eligible paid supports:
- Help a disabled person live in a home of the person's choice, typical of living arrangements for persons without disabilities;
- Encourage participation in the community with persons among the general population;
- Promote rights and autonomy;
- Enhance skills and abilities to live successfully in the community; and
- Enable acceptance in the community by promoting home ownership or leasing arrangements.
Is Hart-Supported Living for You?
Any Kentuckian with a disability as defined by the Americans with Disability Act and KRS 210.770 should consider applying for Hart-Supported Living funds if your goal is to:
- Live in a home of your choice typical of homes of those without disabilities;
- Participate in and with all members of your community;
- Decide for yourself what supports and services you need to live in the community; and
- Arrange for and manage your own supports.
Hart-Supported Living funds do not support:
- Segregated living models, programs or activities that physically or socially isolate people with disabilities from the general community;
- Congregate living models that group individuals with disabilities in an enclave within an integrated setting;
- Any model where the adult individual does not have maximum control of the home environment commensurate with the individual's abilities; and
- Any single living unit where more than three people with disabilities live.
How Do I Find Out More About Supported Living?
Description of HSL includes information about
Contact us by email
or reach out to your Regional Coordinator below.
Regional Hart-Supported Living Coordinators
PO Box 3759
Paducah, KY 42003
Phone: (502) 401-8650
Counties: Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Daviess, Fulton, Graves, Henderson, Hickman, Hopkins, Livingston, Logan, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, McLean, Muhlenberg, Todd, Trigg, Union and Webster
PO Box 2010
Bowling Green, KY 42102
Phone: (502) 229-5211
Counties: Adair, Allen, Barren, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Butler, Clinton, Cumberland, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, Larue, Meade, Metcalf, Monroe, Nelson, Ohio, Russell, Simpson, Taylor and Warren.
P.O. Box 876
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342
Phone: (502) 229-2294
Counties: Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Casey, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Gerrard, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Marion, Mercer, Montgomery, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Scott, Woodford.
P.O. Box 9531
Louisville, KY 40209
Phone: (502) 229-9716
Counties: Carroll, Gallatin, Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Owen, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble, Washington.
P.O. Box 1385
Ashland, KY 41105
Phone: (502) 229-6863
Counties: Bath, Boone, Boyd, Bracken, Campbell, Carter, Fleming, Grant, Greenup, Harrison, Kenton, Lewis, Mason, Nichols, Pendleton, Robertson, Rowan.
PO Box 1907
Hyden, KY 41749
Phone: (502) 401-8654
Counties: Bell, Breathitt, Clay, Elliot, Estill, Floyd, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Wayne, Whitley, Wolfe.