This page contains information for facilities classified as long-term care facilities (LTC). These facilities are licensed and overseen for state and federal regulatory compliance by the Kentucky Office of the Inspector General. These facilities include Alzheimer's nursing homes, family care homes, intermediate care facilities, intermediate care facility/ individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities, nursing facilities, nursing homes and personal care homes (PCHs).
Long-Term Care Facility Self-Reported Incidents
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requires long-term care facilities to self- report incidents occurring in their facilities to the Office of Inspector General. For your convenience, Long-Term Care Self-Reported incident forms are available to promote continuity and consistency.
- Complete every section of the Initial Facility-Reported Incident Form.pdf
- TheFollow Up Facility-Reported Incident Form.pdf is now separate and must be completed within five (5) days.
- If you choose to complete the form electronically, simply download and save the form to your computer.
- If there is insufficient space to complete an answer, additional pages may be used.
- Attach all supporting documentation.
- You may submit the forms and any attachments via email, mail or fax.
- To determine the appropriate Division of Health Care Branch to which you should submit your paperwork, please see the
Regional Map and the corresponding
- If you have any questions, please contact your Division of Health Care Branch Office.
Long Term Care Regulations and Statutes
Note that the Legislative Research Commission (LRC) maintains Kentucky Administrative Regulations (KAR) and Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS). Links to KARs and KRS can change. LRC maintains a website available to the public with a searchable database to access all active regulations and statutes.
Kentucky Revised Statutes
Kentucky Administrative Regulations
Information for OIG Licensed Facility Types
Alzheimer's Nursing Home
Family Care Homes
Intermediate Care Facility for Mental Retardation
Personal Care Homes
Cabinet for Health and Family Services
Department for Public Health
Chapter 2 Long-term Care
Chapter 6 Certificate of Need