Kentucky Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer (SEBT) is a permanent Federal child nutrition program offering benefits to students from eligible families, to help cover the cost of meals during the summer when schools are not in session.  

​Pandemic Electronic Benefits (P-EBT) ended in Summer 2023; not all students who were eligible for P-EBT in the past will be eligible for the new SEBT program in Summer 2024. 

Summer EBT is a permanent program that operates under different guidelines than P-EBT which was a temporary response to the Public Health Emergency (PHE).

How students qualif​​y for SEBT​​​​​
Who is eligible for the issuance of SEBT benefits?
The following students are considered eligible for SEBT benefits:

School Aged students (aged 6 to 18 as of August 1, 2023) who have participated in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (KTAP), and/or Kinship Care for at least one  month since July 1, 2023, are eligible and will automatically receive benefits. You do not need to submit an application.

School aged students that do not fall into the above category but are within the income eligibility limits, can apply for SEBT benefits online.

If my student was eligible for P-EBT, would they be eligible for SEBT?
  • Students are only eligible if they have received SNAP, KTAP, and/or Kinship Care for at least one month since July 1, 2023, or are approved through an SEBT application.
Applying for SEBT
Where can I locate my student’s SSID Number?​

​​Households will need to provide their student’s Statewide Student Identifier (SSID​) Number during the application. A student's SSID, is a ten digit number that is assigned by the school or school district. If your student attends public school and you're trying to locate your student's SSID number, you can:

An​ SSID is not required on the SEBT application for students who attend private school. Please note, that for privacy and security reasons, this information is usually only given to parents or guardians.​
More Information
Who do I contact if I need further assistance? 
​If you need further assistance, you can visit your local DCBS office or contact DCBS at 855-306-8959. 

​​You can also contact your student’s school to inquire about summer feeding programs. Find a summer feeding site in your community at​