Registered Relative Provider

​​​​​​​What It Is

A registered relative provider is a family member who cares for children in their own home or the child's home. A registered relative provider may not care for more than six children related to the caregiver or more than eight children inclusive of their own children.

A registered provider must meet all requirements of the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) as outlined in 922 KAR 2:180. Applicants must submit a completed KARES background check, be certified in age-appropriate CPR/First Aid and not live within the same household as the child. 

​Getting Started

To begin the process, you must submit a completed DCC-95, Providing Care in Your Home or DCC-96, Providing Care in the Child’s Home. A copy of your KARES Background Check/Employment Authorization Form must accompany your application. If you are providing care in your home, a KARES background check/Employment Authorization Form will also be needed on all adults living in the home that are 18 years of age and older. Applications that are submitted without completed KARES Background Checks/Employment Authorization Forms will not be accepted. 

Please submit your application directly to the Division of Child Care​: ​​

Child Care Assistance (CCAP)

CCAP is Kentucky's subsidy program that helps families obtain and pay for child care. The Division of Child Care is responsible for all child care professional support. The Division of Family Support assists clients in applying for the program. The Division of Child Care coordinates subsidy payments to professionals, CCAP professional fraud reduction and registered professionals.

The goal of this program is to provide access to quality child care that allows parents to work, attend education and training programs and/or participate in the Kentucky Works Program through the Kentucky Temporary Assistance Program. Child care subsidies are also available for child protective services.

To obtain Child Care Assistance funds as a professional, you have to be registered, certified, or licensed. 

Contact Information