The Center for Foundational Health enhances training and credentialing of the public health workforce.
Through the center, Kentucky Department for Public Health encourages the public health workforce to embrace educational opportunities and become lifelong learners to maximize job success and meet the demands of the ever-changing field of public health by:
- Identifying the training, learning and credentialing needs of public health employees;
- Establishing pathways to public health careers through experiential learning, internships and apprenticeship programs;
- Developing competency-based training strategies to enhance professional growth and interdisciplinary learning;
- Implementing cross-sector collaboration between public health and academia for professional development through adjunct faculty positions and research opportunities;
- Promoting opportunities for employees to participate in continuing education and attain certifications;
- Integrating evaluation practices to measure the success of the Center for Foundational Health and its impact on the public health workforce.