Women who have been screened by a designated provider and found to need treatment for breast or cervical cancer can receive treatment through Kentucky Medicaid Services.
Who is eligible for the BCCTP?
Have been screened and diagnosed with cancer by the Kentucky Women's Cancer Screening Program through a designated health provider. For more information on finding a provider, contact KWCSP at (844) 249-0708 or visit the Kentucky Women’s Cancer Screening Program webpage
- Have been diagnosed as needing treatment for either breast or cervical cancer, including a pre-cancerous condition or early-stage cancer
- Has not obtained the age of 65
- Do not otherwise have creditable health coverage
- Are United States citizens or qualified aliens
- Are residents of Kentucky
- Are not eligible for medical assistance in any other eligible group
- Are not residents of a public institution
What services are covered?
Women eligible for the BCCTP receive the full range of Medicaid services, including:
Participants do not have to choose a managed care physician.
Length of Medicaid Eligibility
Eligible women receive Medicaid services for the duration of their treatment. Medicaid eligibility periods reflect the average treatment duration standard:
- Breast cancer - four months
- Cervical cancer - three months
- Pre-cancerous cervical - two months
- Breast disorder - two months
Some patients may require longer than the standard period of treatment and may be granted a Medicaid eligibility extension. An eligibility extension form (MAP-813D Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program Extension) can be obtained from the department Web site. Extension requests must be initiated by the treating physician and, when request review is completed, recipients will receive a notice of their new eligibility status.
Note: Women who require routine monitoring services for pre-cancerous breast or cervical conditions (e.g. breast examinations and mammograms) are not considered to need treatment.
A Medicaid application can be filed with your designated provider when screening and diagnosis reveal the need for treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer or a pre-cancerous condition.
At the time of the application, the following information is needed:
Social Security number
- Health insurance
- Proof of immigration status for non-citizens
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of identity
If you are a member and have questions, please contact Member Services at (800) 635-2570
Provider Contact Information
Billing questions, contact Gainwell Technologies at (800) 807-1232 or visit the website
Policy Questions regarding the MAP-813D - (502) 564-6890
Provider enrollment or revalidation questions, contact Provider Enrollment at (877) 838-5085
KyHealth-net assistance, email Gainwell Technologies
Report Fraud and Abuse
907 KAR Cabinet for Health and Family Services - Department for Medicaid Services