DSH Application - indigent care eligibility form to assess a patient's financial situation to determine if the patient meets the DSH guidelines.
Disproportionate Share Hospital Program (DSH) is a program of hospital care for Kentucky's indigent citizenry provided by Kentucky hospitals participating in the Kentucky Medicaid Program. Prior to billing a patient and prior to submitting the cost of the hospital service to Medicaid as uncompensated, a hospital uses the
Patient eligibility requirements
- The patient must be a Kentucky resident.
- Resources (financial and other) belonging to the patient and the patient's family are taken into consideration during the determination.
- The patient cannot have any other medical insurance coverage, including private insurance, any type of government-funded coverage, KCHIP, or be eligible for Medicaid.
How do I verify eligibility? Once eligibility has been obtained, you may verify continued eligibility by one of the following methods:
- by contacting the Automated Voice Response System at (800) 807-1301
- by using the Web-based KYHealth-Net System
Provider Contact Information
If you can't find the information you need or have additional questions, please direct your inquiries to:
Billing Questions - DXC - (800) 807-1232
Provider Questions - (855) 824-5615
Provider MCO Information
Anthem - (800) 205-5870
Aetna Better Health of KY - (855) 300-5528
Humana - (855) 852-7005
Passport Health Plan- (800) 578-0775
WellCare of KY - (877) 389-9457