Child Support Enforcement

​​​​​​​​​​​Kentucky Child Support Enforcement has an interactive website where you can apply for child support services, estimate a child support obligation, make your child support payments, report address changes, upload court orders and other legal documents, verify payment history and past due child support amounts and request updates on ongoing child support actions.

Child Support Enforcement in the Department for Income Support provides assistance to parents with minor children seeking financial support from a noncustodial parent.

Every child has a legal right to financial support from both parents.

Video: What is Child Support?

Understanding Child Support​

Where to Send Child Support Payments

Payments can be made on the Kentucky Child Support Interactive Website. Please make checks payable to the Kentucky Child Support Enforcement Program and send to the following address:

P.O. Box 14059
Lexington, KY  40512-4059

How to Apply for Child Support Enforcement Services

Child support enforcement services are automatically provided to current and former recipients of K-TAP and public medical assistance. Your K-TAP caseworker will refer your case to the appropriate child support office. 

Those not  receiving K-TAP or medical assistance can apply for child support enforcement services on the Kentucky Child Support Interactive Website

Application for Child Support Services

Application For Child Support Services (Spanish)

Child Support Fact Sheet for non-KTAP applicants

The following forms should also be completed by the applicant: 

How to Request a Review and Modification

The Cabinet for Health and Family Services may review and adjust a parent’s support obligation when the custodial parent receives public assistance for the child or either parent requests a review. 

If the review shows a material change in the current support obligation, CHFS may adjust a support obligation.

If a review is requested, the following financial information must be provided:

  • Your gross monthly salary and other sources of income
  • The amount you or your spouse pay for child health insurance
  • The amount you pay for court-ordered spousal support for a former spouse.
  • The amount you pay for child support for prior-born (older)
  • The amount you pay for child care expenses for the child(ren), provided this money is spent to allow the mother or father who has custody to work or attend school.

The Cabinet represents the best interest of the child and not either party. At any time, either party may choose to use a private attorney to present arguments on his or her behalf.

How to Calculate Your Child Support Obligation

A calculation tool is available on the Kentucky Child Support Interactive Website.

You also may use the following forms to calculate the amount of child support a noncustodial parent must pay. The CS-71.1 is only used when one parent has 100 percent of the total income for the family. When printing these forms, you must also print a copy of the Child Support Guidelines Table to complete the worksheet.

  • CS-71 - Worksheet For Monthly Child Support Obligation
  • CS-71.1​​​​ - Worksheet For Monthly Child Support Obligation Exception
  • CS-71 - Worksheet For Monthly Child Support Obligation in (Spanish)
  • CS-71.1​​​​ - Worksheet For Monthly Child Support Obligation Exception (Spanish)
  • Child Support Guidelines

Private Wage Withholding Cases

Private attorneys must use the Federal Income Withholding Order to notify an employer of an income withholding. Private attorneys refer to the Procedural Instructions to complete the form for a Kentucky child support order.

Child Support Enforcement
Non-IV-D Unit
P.O. Box 2150
Frankfort, KY 40602
(800) 248-1163

Support Contacts

Child Support Enforcement Hotline
(800) 248-1163, available 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Eastern time

Kentucky Child Support Interactive website

CHFS Office of the Ombudsman
(800) 372-2973
Email the Ombudsman's​ office

Custody and Visitation Hotline
(844) 673-3470, available 9a.m. - noon and 1 - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday

KY Paternity Acknowledgement Program
(502) 564-2285

KY New Hire Reporting Center
(800) 817-2262
Kentucky New Hire Reporting website