KARES (Kentucky Applicant Registry and Employment Screening)
The National Background Check pilot program is expanding.
Please see the Provider Page for more information on how to participate in KARES.
||National Background Check for Long-Term Care Employees
KARES is a web portal build to support the Kentucky National Background Check Program (NBCP), a fingerprint-supported state and FBI background check program available to long-term care employers. By adding voluntary FBI checks to the currently required state checks, applicants seeking employment in long-term care settings will not be able to hide criminal actions committed in other states.
All long-term care employers eligible to participate in the Kentucky NBCP are strongly encouraged to enroll in the program voluntarily and help reduce the potential for abuse, neglect or exploitation (including financial exploitation) of elderly and vulnerable adults.
Please check this site often for new information or sign up here to receive e-mail updates.
Sign up for the KARES mailing list
||Types of Providers Currently Eligible to Participate Kentucky's NBCP
- Long-term care facilities which includes family care homes, personal care homes, intermediate care facilities, nursing facilities, nursing homes and intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities;
- Nursing pools which provide staff to long-term care facilities or providers;
- Adult day health care programs;
- Assisted living-communities;
- Home health agencies;
- Personal services agencies;
- Long-term acute-care hospitals;
- Providers of home- and community-based services; and
- Staffing agencies with a contracted relationship to provide one or more of the employer types listed above with personnel.