Complaint information should include:
- Was the complaint reported to the county Department for Community Based Services office?
- Name of facility.
- Who is the complainant?
- What is the complaint? (Describe the facts of the complaint situation.)
- Who is/are the alleged perpetrator(s)?
- How was the patient/resident affected?
- When did the complaint situation occur? Was it an isolated event or an ongoing situation? (Include the date, time, time between different events.)
- Where did it happen? (In what care unit, patient/resident room.)
- How did it happen? What was the sequence of events?
- Is a patient/resident or the family of a patient/resident involved?
- Who witnessed the complaint situation?
- Names of staff or other residents involved. Also, include other persons involved, such as volunteers or visitors.
- Was facility made aware of complaint?
- What actions were taken by the facility?
To report a complaint regarding a licensed long-term or health care facility or service, contact the appropriate enforcement branch listed below. To determine which branch to report to, see the regional map.
Western Enforcement Branch
Western State Hospital
P O Box 2200
2400 Russellville Road
Hopkinsville, KY 42241
Phone: (270) 889-6052
Fax: (270) 889-6089
Northern Enforcement Branch
L & N Building, 10-W
908 W. Broadway
Louisville, KY 40203
Phone: (502) 595-4079
Fax: (502) 595-4540
Southern Enforcement Branch
116 Commerce Ave.
London, KY 40744
Phone: (606) 330-2030
Fax: (606) 330-2056
Eastern Enforcement Branch
P.O. Box 12250
455 Park Place
Lexington, KY 40511
Phone: (859) 246-2301
Fax: (859) 246-2307