This seminar is designed to provide an overview of the requirements for the implementation of the OASIS-C on Jan. 1, 2010. This is a video taping of a seminar originally provided in Frankfort, Kentucky on December 2, 2009.
Upon completion of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for revision to the existing OASIS B1 instrument;
- Identify the common uses for the OASIS-C assessment instrument;
- Describe the OASIS-C ADL/IADL specific conventions;
- Identify critical OASIS data collection conventions; and
- Identify resources to assist with answering questions.
The recommended audience for this seminar includes home health agency staff responsible for OASIS-C transmissions.
Nancy Spiller, RN, Nurse Consultant Inspector (NCI) - OASIS-C and MDS Coordinator, Office of Inspector General (OIG), Division of Health Care
Nancy Spiller, is the OASIS and MDS Coordinator with the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s Inspector General’s office. Nancy has been with the Inspector General’s office in the Cabinet for Health and Family Services for eight years. She has served as an NCI surveying long-term care facilities for seven years.
Michelle Mitchell, RN, NCI Trainer, OIG, DHC
Michelle Mitchell is responsible for training new employees, assisting with ongoing division staff training and the quality review of survey results. Michelle is a registered nurse with nine years of experience. She also has 15 years of state government experience, some of which were spent in Public Health where she served as a nurse administrator in the Division of Women’s Health. She worked in the Department for Medicaid Services as the nurse consultant inspector to the medical director. In additional, Nancy previously worked at the Frankfort Regional Medical Center and provided direct patient care on a medical/surgical floor.
||Continuing Education Units - KBN # 7-0061
The Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) has approved 6.5 contact hours for RNs and LPNs. Participants must stay for the entire course in order to receive CEUs.
Note: Approval by the KBN of an individual nursing continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement of offering content.
||Regiser and View Webcast Using TRAIN
To register, go to the use the TRAIN system.
Use the following detailed resources to assist in the online registration process:
There is a series of seven training sessions. To receive a certificate of completion, you need to view each training session in the order in which it is offered. Refer to the following locator codes below to enroll in and view each session:
Webcast: OASIS-C Training - Original air date: December 2, 2009 in Frankfort, Kentucky.
- Session 1 - 1021224
- Session 2 - 1021230
- Session 3 - 1021229
- Session 4 - 1021225
- Session 5 - 1021226
- Session 6 - 1021084
- Session 7 - 1021228
TRAIN Quick Reference Steps
(for those who have previously used TRAIN)
- Go to the TRAIN system
- Log In
- Enter the first Course ID - 1021224
- Click Registration Tab
- Click link to Session 1
- Select Contact Hours as the Credit Type
- Click Launch button
- Download presentation (PDF file)
- View session
- When complete, click X in top right hand corner to exit PolyCom session
- Go to Home and click My Learning
- Click M next to completed session
- Click Completed button
- Click Start Evaluation button and complete evaluation
- Click link to next session to register
- Repeat steps 5 - 14 until all sessions are complete logging into next appropriate session
- Go Home
- Click My Learning Record and click Certificate Links
- Find your course and print your certificate of participation - Note Session 7 will provide you with a certificate containing contact hours