The mission of CHFS is to deliver quality services that enhance the health, safety, and wellbeing of all people in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
To become a recognized national leader in state-level health and human services through continuous quality improvement and accountability by:
- Improving delivery of health and family services through quality customer service,
- Promoting individual self-sufficiency and community sustainability for the betterment of the vulnerable population,
- Fostering higher health awareness through education that engages all individuals and communities,
- Enhancing use of technology to increase service efficiency and effectiveness,
- Educating, empowering, and deploying a highly skilled workforce.
- Get Vaccinated Against Flu During National Influenza Vaccination Week
Friday, December 06, 2013
State public health officials are encouraging Kentuckians to get a flu vaccination during National Influenza Vaccination Week, Dec. 8-14, to reduce the spread of illness this holiday season.
- Food Safety Tips for the Holidays
Monday, November 25, 2013
Parties, family dinners and seasonal gatherings where food is served are traditional part of holiday cheer. This holiday season, the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) urges consumers to take precautions in purchasing and preparing food items, and to pay close attention to good hygiene practices to combat foodborne illness this Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- State Honors Top Child Support Contracting Officials
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) has announced the state’s 20 top-performing child support collection partners, as well recognizing one that has made significant improvement during the past year.