Kentucky Electronic Death Registration System (KY-EDRS)
||What is the KY-EDRS?
The Kentucky Electronic Death Registration System (KY-EDRS) enables death records to be filed online with the Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics (OVS), creating a paperless option.
The online KY-EDRS supports collaboration among multiple users including funeral homes, hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, coroners and OVS.
With KY-EDRS, funeral directors, physicians and medical certifiers can complete the death registration process faster with fewer errors and more efficiently.
The KY-EDRS also:
- Saves time and effort.
- Allows error correction enhanced accuracy.
- Supports completion and filing of a death record partially in electronic format and partially on paper if all participants are not online.
- Eliminates the need to obtain signatures.
- Electronically verifies Social Security numbers.
- Improving turnaround time for obtaining certified copies.
- Ensures security by requiring user authentication.
Login Information for KY-EDRS:
Login to KY-EDRS - registered users only
If you are interested in becoming an active participant, please contact the Office of Vital Statistics at (866) 451-3781.
KY-EDRS User Guides:
Funeral Director User Guide
Medical Certifier User Guide
The Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics offers training sessions on how to register and file death certificates through the Kentucky Electronic Death Registration System (KY-EDRS).
These two-hour training sessions are available at no cost to all current and new users of the KY-EDRS. Training takes place at the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services in the CHR Building at 275 E. Main St., Frankfort, KY. Though KY-EDRS training is not mandatory for participation in the online system, users may find it helpful to take part in a face-to-face training session with Office of Vital Statistics staff. Training sessions are available upon request. Please call (866) 451-3781 to request a training session.
KY-EDRS Training Dates
|July 14, 2016 (9 – 11 a.m.)|
|July 28, 2016 (9 – 11 a.m.)|
|Aug. 11, 2016 (9 – 11 a.m.)|
|Aug. 25, 2016 (2 – 4 p.m.)|
|Sept. 8, 2016 (9 – 11 a.m.)|
|Sept. 29, 2016 (9 – 11 a.m.)|
|Oct. 13, 2016 (9 – 11 a.m.)|
|Nov. 10, 2016 (9 – 11 a.m.)|
|Dec. 8, 2016 (2 – 4 p.m.)|
KY-EDRS Help Desk Telephone Numbers
Staff is available during regular business hours to answer questions and provide assistance using the KY-EDRS. Please use the following telephone numbers:
- For questions about using the KY-EDRS call (877) 545-6175 during regular business hours.
- For help resetting your password call (877) 545-6175 during regular business hours.
- For questions about proper completion of the death certificate (business rules) call the STATLINE at (866) 451-3781 or call (502) 564-4212, extensions 3231, 3232 or 3260 during regular business hours.