Milk Safety Branch
275 E. Main St.
Frankfort, KY 40621
Phone: (502) 564-3340
Fax: (502) 564-8787
||Basic Requirements for Manufacturing On-Farm Processing
- Contact Milk Safety Branch or local inspection - If you don't know your local inspector, call for their name and number.
- Send detailed floor plans for approval. Detailed plans must be submitted before construction begins. The local inspector may be of assistance to you before the plans are submitted.
- Approved water supply. Any other water source will have to be tested and approved prior to permitting.
- Provide detailed information about products to be processed. All products to be processed must be approved prior to permitting.
- Read and understand regulations. This website contains the KARs that you need to familiarize yourself with before construction and processing.
- Apply for appropriate permits. Your local inspector will guide you through the entire process of making application for the appropriate permits.
Kentucky Administrative Regulations (KAR 902)
||Basic Requirements for Grade "A" On-Farm Processing