Adult Preventive Program
Adult Kentuckians should consult their providers for preventive services that can help them stay healthy. Some preventive health services are available in Kentucky health departments.
For additional information about your risk for disease, visit Your Disease Risk at the Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention
The Adult Preventive Visit includes:
Health Screenings such as
- Cancer screenings for men such as prostate and colon.
- High blood pressure
- Counseling for other age appropriate health screenings
- Blood glucose: the amount of sugar in the blood
- Total Cholesterol/Lipid Profile: the amount and type of good and bad fat in the blood
- Fecal occult blood (FOBT): colon cancer screening for blood in the bowel
- Tuberculosis (TB): checking for contagious bacteria in the lungs
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Blood pressure measurement
Immunizations - as needed
Health Promotion Education and Counseling
||Before Your Visit
Before your visit to your health care provider for an exam, review this Be Prepared Brochure to make sure you take all the information you will need.
The more your doctor knows about your medical history and your family's medical history the better he or she may be able to diagnose and treat you. Gathering what you need to create your own Family Health Portrait will help you determine the type of information you need to gather about your family's medical history.
For assistance in maintaining this information, visit My Family Health Portrait.