Enrollment Procedures for Becoming a First Steps Service Coordinator
Step 1: Review the qualifications for service coordinators
Applicants must meet the minimum entry-level requirement for any of
the following professions or para professions as described in state regulation 911 KAR 2:150
- or, verification of completion of a bachelor's degree; and
- documentation of two years experience working with young children ages birth through 5 years.
Step 2: Send a copy of the following documents to Jackie Neal
- Cover letter specifying your request to be approved as a service coordinator; and
- Diploma or postsecondary course transcript indicating completion of a bachelor's or higher degree; and a
- Resume showing prior work experience with children and the ages of children with whom you have worked; and
- Reference form completed and signed by current or previous supervisor.
Early Childhood Development Branch
275 E. Main St., HS2W-C
Frankfort, KY 40621
Step 3: Register for online Service Provider Training
Once your education and experience documents are verified and approved, you may register for TRAIN Online Module. You will receive e-mail confirmation of your registration.
Step 4: First Steps Face-to-Face Orientation
Once you have successfully completed the online orientation you will be able to register for face-to-face orientation provided by First Steps regional technical assistance teams.