Enrollment Procedures for Becoming a First Steps Developmental Interventionist
Qualifications and approval procedures for becoming a First Steps Developmental Interventionist.
Step 1: A DI shall have:
- A bachelor’s degree and an Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Certificate (IECE) by the Kentucky Department of Education, division of certification; or
- Hold a valid out-of-state certificate for the teacher of infants with disabilities
Step 2: Send a copy of your:
- Diploma or transcript for degree (bachelor’s or higher); and a
- Copy of Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Certificate; or
- Copy of valid out-of state Teaching Certificate for Teachers of Infants with Disabilities (including children 0-3 years); and
- Resume to:
Early Childhood Development
275 E. Main St., HS2W-C
Frankfort, KY 40621
Step 3: Register for online Service Provider Training
Once your educational documentation is approved you will receive email confirmation of your registration. At that time you may begin working through the on-line training.
Step 4: First Steps Face-to-Face Orientation Registration Instructions
Once you have successfully completed the on-Line Orientation you will register for face-to-face orientation provided by a First Steps Technical Assistance Team in your region.