KY Medicaid Waiver Management Application Page
Welcome to the Kentucky Medicaid Waiver Management Application (MWMA) Information page. This page will serve as a one-stop resource for the latest information related to the MWMA project and its implementation.
Please be sure to visit this page periodically as content will be updated on an ongoing basis.
The Medicaid Partner Portal is Live
Medicaid waiver providers should have received a recent email invitation from the Department for Medicaid Services to begin the Kentucky Medicaid Partner Portal registration process.
The web-based Kentucky Medicaid Partner Portal replaces the paper-based enrollment processes for Medicaid providers. Specifically, the portal streamlines and automates activities such as provider screening, enrollment and maintenance of individual, group and entity information.
Users will access the Partner Portal by creating an account in Kentucky's Online Gateway (KOG). The KOG account creation process takes approximately five minutes. KOG user names and passwords then will enable users to access the portal.
Please be sure to check your junk/spam email folders if you have not located the Partner Portal invitation in your inbox.
For more information, please visit the Medicaid Partner Portal Information Page.
Return to top of Page
||Medicaid Waiver Management Application Overview
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) is continuing to improve the existing Home and Community Based Service (HCBS) programs. To guide these improvements, CHFS has identified seven improvement objectives:
- Streamline how individuals and authorized representatives access and apply for services (i.e., No Wrong Door).
- Provide a portal for individuals and or their representatives to access their info review and approve timesheets electronically.
- Ensure the right people are being enrolled in the right programs.
- Once enrolled, ensure individuals are receiving the services they need.
- Optimize the sharing of information about individual care needs among authorized direct providers thereby reducing paperwork.
- Allow for more timely authorization of services and eliminate faxing.
- Implement the final rules issued by CMS for HCBS Waiver Programs.
Several initiatives are underway to meet these objectives. One such initiative is the implementation of the Medicaid Waiver Management Application (MWMA) which includes system functionality that will evolve over time. The application will be available to users in three phases:
- The first release (planned for April 17) of the application will be used exclusively by case managers, quality improvement organization staff and CHFS staff. This release addresses key objectives to ensure the appropriate individuals are enrolled in HCB waiver programs and receiving the right services.
- The second release (planned for December 2015) will give direct service providers the ability to access MWMA, view level-of-care and plan-of-care details and enter and submit incident reports (provider portal). In addition, this release will add functionality to support participant-directed services.
- As part of the commonwealth's long-term vision, MWMA will integrate with the Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE) offering authorized case managers and service providers greater access to share health information for individuals they serve.
MWMA will not eliminate the need for an electronic health record system, include billing services to submit claims to CHFS for payment or eliminate the need for those agency system capabilities. MWMA supports the No Wrong Door concept by allowing those involved in an individual's care the ability to see the identified service needs (case plans, prior authorization, etc.) and supporting documents. The KHIE interface will allow vital health information to be shared to promote effective patient care. The goal is to allow providers to share documents and structured data using the KHIE by 2016.
Return to top of Page
||Learn More about MWMA
For more information on MWMA, please be sure to check out the MWMA Information Bulletin, a periodical dedicated to providing updates on the MWMA project and what case managers and other users can expect when the system goes live in April. Past bulletin topics include:
In addition to the Information Bulletins, the MWMA Resources tab offers important information on the MWMA implementation.
For additional questions, please email the Implementation Team
Return to top of Page