Family 2 Family
What is KY Family 2 Family?
What do we do?
How can you be involved?
Our beliefs (cultural competency).
||What is KY Family 2 Family?
Family 2 Family Health Information Centers (F2F HICs) are family-run enters that assist children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and the professionals who serve them. F2F HICs provide support, information, resources and training.
Family 2 Family HICs in Kentucky are based through the Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs and can be accessed through your nearest commission office. For more information, call 1-800-232-1160, ext. 279.
||What do we do?
The Family 2 Family HIC can provide:
- Assistance to families and professionals
- Information, education, training, support and referral services
- Outreach to underserved and underrepresented populations
- Guildance on public health programs and policy
- Collaboration with other F2F HICs, family support groups, and professionals in efforts to improve services for children and youth with special health care needs
- Support parent for one-on-one support
- Lending library
- Individual assistance with health care issues
||How can you be involved?
Would you like share your knowledge with other parents? Are you willing to help other families navigate the healthcare maze? The Family 2 Family HIC is looking for experienced parents who can become mentors for other families.
A support parent is a veteran parent or primary caregiver of a person with special health care needs who is willing to share their experience with other families.