Videos Available for Distribution
Negotiating the ARC
This was a collaborative video produced by the DD Network (KCDD, Protection Advocacy and the Human Development Institute at the University of Kentucky) to help parents and educators by knowing their rights and what to do if those rights are violated.
This was a collaborative video produced by the DD Network (KCDD, Protection Advocacy and the Human Development Institute at the University of Kentucky) to help students become involved through self-advocacy with their own IEP and ARC meetings.
For more information or for copies of these videos please email us or call (877) 367-5332.
- www.ABILITYAwareness.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a world of inclusion for people with health conditions and disabilities. ABILITY Build is our hallmark program which engages volunteers with health conditions and disabilities to build accessible low-income homes.
- www.ABILITYJobs.com is the largest stand-alone resume bank for people with disabilities. We help companies fulfill their affirmative action compliance requirements and are committed to expanding awareness about this job site to as many companies as possible.
- www.ABILITYMagazine.com ABILITY Magazine is the largest magazine in the U.S. covering disability issues. We are an award-winning publication, distributed by Time-Warner, with a combined online and print readership of more than one million. For nearly 20 years, our mission has been to provide new insights into our individual levels of ability. From Diabetes to Spinal Cord Injury and celebrity interviews to CEO profiles, ABILITY covers the latest on Health, Environmental Protection, Assistive Technology, Employment, Sports, Travel, Universal Design, Mental Health and much more. Our writers include MDs, PhDs, JDs, best-selling authors, U.S. Senators and advocates. Cover interviews consist of movie stars, TV celebrities, U.S. presidents, first ladies and more.
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities
Located at major universities and teaching hospitals in the U.S., UCEs target and engage in activities to support the independence, productivity, integration and inclusion into the community of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities Legislative information
The Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities is a coalition of approximately 100 national disability organizations collectively advocating for national public policy that ensures the self-determination, independence, empowerment, integration and inclusion of children and adults with disabilities in all aspects of society.
- The Arc of the United States
The Arc of the United States advocates for the rights and full participation of all children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- National Business and Disability Council
The leading resource for corporations that are hiring, working with and marketing to people with disabilities.
- National Association of Developmental Disabilities Council
The National Association of Developmental Disabilities Councils promotes national policy to enable individuals with developmental disabilities the opportunity to make choices about their quality of lives and be included in the community.
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
NICHCY is the national information and referral center that provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators and other professionals. Our special focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
- ADAPT- American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today
There's no place like home -- and we mean real homes, not nursing homes. We are fighting so people with disabilities can live in the community with real supports instead of being locked away in nursing homes and other institutions.
- The Siblings Support Project for Kids who Have Siblings with Special Needs
The Sibling Support Project is a national program dedicated to the interests of brothers and sisters of people with special health and developmental needs.
- National Organization on Disability
The National Organization on Disability promotes full and equal participation of America's 54 million men, women and children with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council National Web Sites
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act - IDEA
- University Center on Disabilities of Kentucky
- Administration on Developmental Disabilities
- Kentucky Business Leadership Network
- March of Dimes
- Kentucky Protection and Advocacy
- Kentucky Department of Education
- The Kentucky collaboration – named Project SAFE (Safety and Accessibility for Everyone) – is comprised of seven state-level organizations that have been working together since 2005. Since this time, Project SAFE has been working with state-level technical assistance providers to raise awareness, improve accessibility, and train service providers and criminal justice professionals about sexual assault and domestic violence among individuals with disabilities.
||Martin School Reports